This Privacy Statement describes our policies on the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you in connection with your use of our services, including those offered through our websites, emails, and mobile applications (collectively, the “Service”). The terms “we”, “us”, and “Erndo” refer to Erndo Inc., a Wyoming corporation. When you use the Service, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of information about you as described in this Privacy Statement.
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect and store information about you when you use the Service. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you create an account on Erndo, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account at-will. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by contacting our support team.
- Public Content: Some of the information that you contribute through the Service is intended for public consumption, including the entirety of the content on your public profile, your public activity log (modifiable) which includes but is not limited to information regarding businesses at which you have made purchases, your reviews, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, forum posts, Events, bookmarks, friends, and Favorites. We may display this information through the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- Contacts: You can invite your friends to join the Service by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which friends you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we may transmit that information to Erndo long enough to process your invitations.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other Erndo users, businesses, and Erndo itself. You can manage some of your messaging preferences in your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Erndo. For example, when you make or record a purchase through the Service, we will send you messages about your purchase information using the contact information you provide, including SMS text messages to your phone and email messages to your specified email address. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Erndo or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Erndo, including users of Erndo for Business Owners, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
- Transactional Information: When you carry out or record a transaction through the Service, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, populate forms for future transactions, and provide you with a personalized user experience (such as selecting businesses for inclusion on your Hot List based on interests determined from your transaction history). This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. Erndo does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure, although Erndo itself may use your personal information such as transaction history and recorded interests in order to market services to you in a user-specific fashion. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology. If the settings of your public activity log are such that you have allowed a purchase history to be displayed on your public profile, the purchase information that we include on your public profile is limited to: information about the business, including but not limited to business name, address, and a link to the business’s public profile; information about the rewards you have earned, including but not limited to number of Tokens earned for the purchase and/or amount of Dough earned; and additional information about the transaction such as the purchase price involved in the transaction, or special features about the transaction that might be notable such as if a given transaction is your 10th transaction associated with the Service for the current month. For example, if you make or record a purchase through the Service at a business on your Hot List, we may publicly display on your activity log the name of the business, the amount of Dough earned for the transaction, the number of Tokens earned for the transaction, and the fact that you have completed a Hot List achievement. You have the full right and ability to modify the type and extent of information displayed on your public activity log at any time.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your purchase history, search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, businesses you contact using our mobile applications, and any other activity conducted through or in association with the Service. This information may be used to personalize the application experience for you (such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Erndo Service, or providing you with recommendations regarding businesses in your area that you may be interested in, or personalizing the kinds of businesses selected for inclusion in your Hot List), and to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality that may be personalized for each user. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the Erndo application in iOS privacy settings.
|Processes||Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use your phone’s geolocation data.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.|
Managing Cookies: It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you.
3. Third Parties
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Business Transfers: We may share information from or about you with our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, in which case we will require them to honor this Privacy Statement. If another company acquires Erndo or all or substantially all of our assets, that company will possess the same information, and will assume the rights and obligations with respect to that information as described in this Privacy Statement.
- Businesses on Erndo: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of the Service (such as which businesses you have made purchases at) with businesses listed on Erndo. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that businesses may see your Public Content (as defined in Section 1.2 above) and receive information about your transactions with them, regardless of your settings. Additionally, if you communicate with a business through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share information about your communication with the business that the business would have received had you contacted them directly, such as the date, time, and method of your communication.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to Erndo about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links: The Service may contain links to unaffiliated third party services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy statements on or applicable to all such third party services.
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google: If you sign up for Erndo using your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or link your Erndo account to your account with a third party service like Facebook, Twitter, or Google, we may receive information about you from such third party services. We may use this information to help you create your account on Erndo and connect and share public content with your friends and followers. You can manage how you link your Erndo account to third party services in your account settings. Please note that if you interact with Facebook, Twitter, or other third party icons through the Service, including “Like,” “Share,” or similar buttons, those companies may collect information about you, such as your device’s IP address. Your interactions with these and other third parties are governed by the third parties’ privacy statements.
4. Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the experience using the Service which involves interacting with your local community of businesses and consumers. Users can also use the Find Friends feature to find one another based on their names or email addresses. You can adjust the settings for this feature in your account settings.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, Erndo may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Service.
5. Account Termination
You can close your account any time by opting to do so in your account settings. By doing so, you express complete acknowledgement that:
- Permanent Loss of Rewards. Any rewards you have accumulated associated with your account, such as Dough and/or Tokens, will be rendered permanently inaccessible by you. By closing your account, you waive your right to use, access, or obtain any information about the rewards associated with your former account, and you expressly transfer ownership of any and all financial value associated with such rewards to Erndo Inc.
- Permanent Loss of Account Access. The account that you have terminated and all of its associated information, rewards, characteristics, and features are, for all intents and purposes, rendered permanently inaccessible by you. The Service will not provide you with any means of recovering any items associated with your account, such as purchase history, payment information, or rewards earned. You may have the option of creating a brand new account, but this new account will in no way be associated with or influenced by the account or accounts you have previously terminated, or any other account you may have access to, unless Erndo Inc. has decided that your past activity constitutes delinquent or deceptive behavior and you are therefore disallowed from creating or accessing any additional accounts, in which case any new accounts that you create or gain access to may be terminated by Erndo Inc. without notice to you or your consent.
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact our support team. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Dispute Resolution
If you believe that Erndo has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, you may contact our support team at any time.
9. Modifications to This Privacy Statement
We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. The most current version of the Privacy Statement will govern our collection, use, and disclosure of information about you and will be located on our website. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Service prior to the effective date of the changes. By continuing to access or use the Service after those changes become effective, you agree to the revised Privacy Statement.